We got out the christmas decorations, along with an empty cookie jar ! Here was the recipe of choice, based on the ingredients I happened to have on hand.
* Substituted white flour for exactly what was left of our wheat flour Also had no light brown sugar, so just used all white sugar.
- 3/4 cup butter or 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups unsifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- reese’s peanut butter chips ( amount of your preference)
- Cream butter (or shortening), sugars, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Combine flour and baking soda.
- Add to batter and mix well.
- Stir in chips.
- Place by teaspoon fulls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 350°F for 10-12 minutes.
What have you been baking ?