It’s a precious moment, the moment when your child is tired and lying in bed and waiting for you to tuck them in. You grab a good book, curl up next to them and their imagination begins. Check out this list of some of the most popular bed time stories for your little one:
- The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein- A book about a young boy and his relationship with a tree and it’s progression over the years. This one will definitely tug at your heart.
- Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown- A sweet bedtime story about a bunny on his way to falling asleep. The soft words and delicate rhymes are almost like a lullaby for children.
- Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak- A classic that most parents read as child about a misbehaving boy named Max and his made up world. If the story doesn’t capture your child’s attention the graphics will, the artwork is beautiful.
- The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams- An adored classic of a toy rabbit’s search to become real with the love of his little boy owner is an everlasting, cherished story. Your kid will be holding his/her stuffed animal a little tighter tonight.
- Love You Forever by Robert Munsch- Your child may not understand why this book causes you to tear up, but a parent does. A mother sings the same lullaby to her child through years, only to have the child return the same lullaby many years later.
- How Does A Dinosaur Say Goodnight? By Jane Yolen- This book is about a silly and colorful little dinosaur that catches the flu and needs to rest. A very light-hearted and fun read for your little one before bedtime.
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle: A colorful book about a little caterpillar eating his way through the book to become a big and beautiful butterfly. This is a simple and short read to get your child in bed, asleep and fast.
Some of the best child hood memories come from bedtime routines, make reading one of these classics part of your child’s favorite memories. Happy reading and sweet dreams!
Monta the mother of three children serves as an Expert Advisor on multiple household help issues to many Organizations and groups, and is a mentor for other “Mom-preneurs” seeking guidance. She is a regular contributor of “elder care jobs”. You can get in touch with her at montafleming6Atgmail dotcom